Payroll Giving, also known as ‘give as you earn’ or ‘workplace giving’, is a quick, easy and tax efficient way for both employees and employers to a charity.
You can contact us about payroll giving and we will answer any questions you have.
How Payroll Giving works
- Choose how much you want to donate
- Your donation comes out of your wages on payday
- The taxman gives us the tax on your donation at no extra cost to you
How it works for you
Payroll giving – also known as workplace giving or give as you earn – is a simple and tax-free way to support Totally Stoked.
It allows you to donate straight from your salary before tax is deducted. If you decide to give £10 a month, it will only cost you £8 if you pay tax at the basic rate, £6 on 40% tax or £5 on 50% tax.
You can give as much as you like and change or cancel your donation at any time simply by informing your payroll department
How it works for employers
Payroll giving is a tax-free way for your staff to make a regular donation to Totally Stoked through your pay process. It’s simple to set up and run and is an excellent way to support your employees’ charitable giving.
Benefits of payroll giving to your employees
- It’s easy and convenient, coming straight from their pay packet
- It’s tax efficient and costs less to give more
- There is no limit on the size of the gift
- Donation amounts can be changed or stopped at any time simply by informing your payroll department
Benefits of payroll giving for your business
- Boosts staff morale and motivation, which aids retention and recruitment
- Enhances your business’ charitable giving, with little effort or cost to you
- Enables you to monitor the level of charitable giving that your business has helped achieve
- Offers opportunity to gain recognition from your industry peers by attaining a Quality Mark Award, a Government award given to organisations who implement Payroll Giving
How to promote payroll giving
Here are a few tips on how to promote your involvement in the scheme and increase staff engagement.
- Engage the help of a Professional Fundraising Organisation – email email@example.com for advice on who to contact
- Offer a prize draw or match donations
- Lead by example and encourage senior leaders to publicly sign up to payroll giving
- Aim for a Gold Quality Mark showing that 10% of your staff have signed up to payroll giving
See how giving as you earn works
|You pledge…||Cost to you at 20% tax rate||Cost to you at 40% tax rate|
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s very easy. Email us and we'll make sure that your company operates a scheme that allows you to give to us straight from your pay and we notify your Payroll Department that you would like to set up a regular donation to us in this way.
If your company does not operate the scheme, then we will contact you to let you know.