- This event has passed.
Jelly Mould Workshop
10 June @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
11 weekly workshops exploring Middleport’s Jelly Moulds, Jelly and Pudding!
Every Thursday, over 11 weeks, we will work towards creating our own jelly moulds, using the objects in the archive and inspiration. This is a chance to discover the history behind the production of jelly and blancmange mould’s that were made in the area. At the end of the 11 weeks, we will end with a special celebratory event on the 21st August to showcase all jelly mould’s and jellies.
No pottery skills required. All you need is a interest in food and cooking!
(Note : You will need to do the full course from the first session June 10th through to August 19th, due to the nature of the activities we can’t take people part way through the course.)
What will you be doing ?
- 10th June -Introduction of the project, handle objects, eat some jelly and share some stories.
- 17th June – Mould making workshop
- 24th June – more mould making.
- 1st July – more mould making.
- 8th July – A visit to Root’n’Fruit – flowers and fruit drawing/collage and photography.
- 15th July – Root’n’Fruit – continuing with our designs.
- 22nd July – Decorating moulds.
- 29th July – Decorate / glazing jelly moulds.
- 5th August – Root’n’Fruit to collect some fruit- then back to Middleport Pottery and start jelly making.
- 12th August – Finishing our moulds.
- 19th August – event preparations.
Start -10TH JUNE – 19TH AUGUST
Need more information please contact Clair at Middleport Matters Community Trust :
t. 01782 817590