Life is becoming increasingly digital and many services need to be accessed online. Whether it’s for home learning, banking, shopping, applying for jobs or looking after your health, most of us need to own a digital device. The digital world has also become increasingly important in the fight against loneliness and isolation, but there are still many people in our community that do not have digital access.
At VAST we have teamed up with The Community Foundation for Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent City Council and local IT partners, to set up a digital equipment recycling scheme so we can ensure that the most vulnerable members of our community in Stoke-on-Trent can get connected.
If you have a laptop or tablet you no longer need you can easily donate it to the Donate IT scheme. Simply take it along to one of the convenient drop-off points across the city.
Your unused device could be a lifeline for someone in need.
Contact us for more information or if you have any questions.
Terms and conditions of Donate IT
Thank you for choosing to donate your laptop / tablet. By donating your equipment, you are acknowledging that you have performed a factory reset of your device and consent to The Community Foundation for Staffordshire, in partnership with VAST, and Stoke on Trent City Council redistributing the equipment to people in need across Stoke-on-Trent.
Please note: Performing a factory reset sets your device back to its default settings and clears any personal data such as usernames, passwords, contacts and photos from your device. By not performing a factory reset it could put your data at risk.
By donating this equipment, you acknowledge that:
1. Your donated equipment is accepted by the Donate IT partners as seen.
2. You have removed any personal data from the equipment by performing a factory reset according to the device specifications. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult the provider of the device or applicable website.
3. You accept that any loss of information or data that was not removed prior to handover is your responsibility and that VAST and the Donate IT partners, or any future recipients of this equipment cannot be held responsible.
4. You indemnify VAST and the Donate IT partners, or any future recipients of this equipment, against any damage that may be caused by this equipment, due to actions that occurred prior to the donation of this equipment.
5. You indemnify VAST and the Donate IT partners, or any future recipients of this equipment, and agree to accept responsibility for any actions, including illegal actions, that may have been undertaken using this equipment prior to donation of it.
6. You understand that once donation has occurred there is no recourse to reclaim the equipment.
7. You accept that any outstanding payments for any services linked to your use of this equipment remain your responsibility and not that of VAST and the Donate IT partners, or of any future recipients of this equipment.
8. You agree that your device has been thoroughly sanitised before being donated at a Donate IT drop off point.